The Texas Department of Criminal Justice is big that it composes of state prisons, private institution and jails. That is why it can be very hard to locate a certain inmate if you don’t know some basic information about him or her. But there are ways on how you can do the process. Whatever you reason, here are the steps on how to find an inmate in TDCJ.
- You have to go first to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website. Look for the “General Information” link and then select the “Offender Information”. Once redirected on the page, you will find the “Online Offender Search”. This is the TDCJ Inmate Search feature you can use for free.
- Just input the offender information on the field provided. You can either use the first name, the last name or the TDCJ number of the inmate, sex, race and the SID (State Identification Number). The more details you input the more accurate the result will be. This means fewer lists to go through.
- If you want to locate an inmate, you can populate the details by clicking the “Record”. This will give you the information you need. The details will consist of the whole name of the inmate, the date of release, the race, age, SID, TDCJ number, the prisoner located and the criminal record.
- You can contact the Department of Criminal Justice. You can dial 800-535-0283. They will entertain you between 8 am to 5pm on weekdays only. Just provide the SID, TDCJ number or the birth date of the inmate.
- You can also locate an inmate through emailing email@example.com containing the name of the inmate as the subject of the email. You must provide the name, TDCJ number and the birth date in the body to make the inquiry easy. If you are not sure of some info, you can give an estimate date and the place where it is convicted.
You can also search for TDCJ Inmate mugshots if you like to have some pictures of the inmate you are searching.